The Central Ghana Conference of Seventh- day Adventist secretariat is headed by Pastor Kofi Gyimah Yamoah. Born on the 18th March, 1960 at Agona in the Ashanti Region. He began as a certificated teacher and was admitted into Valley View University, Oyibi, Accra in 1998 and successfully completed in Bachelor of Arts in Theology, May 2002. He joined the Gospel Ministry in July 1, 2002 and attained his Master’s Degree in Missions, June, 2014, Adventist University of Africa, Kenya. Pastor Kofi Gyimah Yamoah is married to one (1) wife and blessed with two (2) children. He has worked in the following areas: Sekyedumase as Acting District Pastor, Dadieso as District Pastor, Kofiase as Headmaster & Chaplain and Asuoyeboa as District Pastor. He has also served as Global Mission/Adventist Muslim Relations Director and is now the current Executive secretary for the 2016-2020 quadrennial session.
The territory of this Conference shall consist of: Districts- Kumasi Metropolitan (Part), Atwima, Amansie West (Part), Atwima Mponua, Ahafo Ano South, Ahafo Ano North.
- Between Central Ghana Conference (CGHC) and Green View Conference (GVGH). CGHC shares boundary with Green View Conference along Ahafo Ano districts with Tepa in CGHC.
- Between CGHC and MID- Central Ghana Conference (MICG). CGHC shares boundary with MICG from North Suntreso, Patasi, and South Suntreso which all belong to CGHC.
- Between CGHC and Western North Ghana Conference CGHC shares boundary with Western North Ghaana Conference on Bibiani Anhwiaso Bekwai District along Kuffour Camp, Bayerebon No 3 & 4, all belong to CGHC.
- Between CGHC and Ashanti South Ghana Conference (ASSG). On the West CGHC shares boundary with Ashanti South Conference beginning at Odeneho- Kwadaso and further within Amansie West District, Asuowin, Esaase Bontefufuo and Mpatuam (Part) of Amansie West belong to CGHC.
What it does:
The Secretariat is to ensure progressive growth in membership and to equip church clerks with required skills to enter correct membership data in our church record books. The secretariat maintains standards on policy compliance as stipulated in the West- Central Africa Division policy (WAD).
Central Ghana Conference of Seventh- day Adventist has Seventy- Eight (78) organized churches, One hundred and Seventeen (117) Companies, Sixteen (16) Districts with its overall membership as Fourteen thousand, Eight hundred and thirty- six (14,836) as at fourth (4th) quarter, December, 2016.
KNOW YOUR OFFICERS/ DEPARTMENTAL DIRECTORS- SEPTEMBER 2016- AUGUST, 2020
- PRESIDENT– PR YAW ASAMOAH KWARTENG
- EXECUTIVE SECRETARY– PR KOFI GYIMAH YAMOAH
- TREASURER– PR JOSEPH OPOKU ACHEAMPONG
- MINISTERIAL SEC./ TRUST SERVICES– PR THOMAS BOBIE DANSO
- PERSONAL MINISTRY/ SABBATH SCHOOL– PR KWABENA OKYERE DARKO
- YOUTH/ MUSIC/ COMMUNICATION– PR BERNARD ADJARE
- STEWARDSHIP/ PUBLISHING– PR DODDRIDGE ESSUMAN
- HEALTH/ CHAPLAINCY/ FAMILY LIFE– PR DANIEL OPOKU ADJEI
- WOMEN MINISTRY/ CHILDREN MINISTRY– MRS. ELIZABETH OSEI
- GLOBAL MISSION/ AMR– PR KOFI GYIMAH YAMOAH
The Secretariat is preparing to establish an archive center for the purposes of information retrieval and research.
MAY THE GOOD LORD BLESS US ALL. AMEN